Our sweet boy!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So much fun!

Parker is doing so many fun things now! I guess I could have saved these for his 11 month post coming up next week, but I wanted to go ahead and get them written down before I forget.
  • When I say "Bye-bye" to him, he looks at the door leading out to the garage. Kind of interesting that he can make that connection between "Bye" and the door.
  • I introduced him to light switches as suggested by my friend, Amy. It was amazing how quickly he figured them out. He'd push on the switch and then turn really quickly to look at the light fixture. Now seriously, how smart is that? He knew to look at the light fixture to see what would happen!
  • I can also say, "Where's Mama's nose?" and he can grab my nose. Sometimes he pinches it, sometimes he hits it, but hey, at least he's learning where it is. When I say, "Where's Parker's nose?" he gets really still while I touch it, and he kind of opens his mouth.
  • He fell asleep on my the other day (see picture below). It was the first time he's done this in a while. I savored every moment of it. For a while, his head was facing me, and I just sat there and kissed those sweet lips..loved it!!!
  • My favorite thing is when I'm sitting in the floor with him, and he begins to crawl up me. I love this! He'll say, "Ma! Ma!". I love that he's learning to come to me when he needs me!
  • He's also starting to stand with one hand with alot more confidence. He'll place one hand on the item and kind of stand there, like, "Hey, no big deal. I do this all the time." Of course, then he falls.
  • One other thing I wanted to write down is his song we sing while strapping him in his car seat. Phillip made it up, and it goes, "Gotta put on our straps, put on our straps, put on our straps..and go to _______ (insert wherever you're going)." Then you repeat it, but on the 2nd verse, you pause between the words "Gotta put on our straps, put on our straps, put on our straps (pause) and (pause) go (pause) to (pause) ______.



Where is that tiny baby who used to fit on my chest????

Seriously, the toilet paper never gets old. And he unrolled the last roll here..

2 comments:

  1. The smile on his face with the toilet paper says it all! I don't blame you one bit for savoring the moment with him asleep on you. Never happens anymore. Gotta get in some snuggle time when you can. Did you ever imagine that Phillip would make up a song for his child? That's neat. The things we do for our kids. So glad he likes the light switches. You can really see their little minds at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second picture down may be my all time fave! Love that grin! Z loves turning light switches off (flipping the switch down) but gets instantly mad if i ask him to turn one on (flpping the switch up). It's so weird! He has not discovered the toilet paper yet, so would you please ask P not to introduce him to that? thanks.

    ReplyDelete