Our sweet boy!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

This weekend

We've had a great weekend so far..trying to savor every moment before I go back to school on Wednesday. Yesterday, Phillip took off for the day and we headed "to town". :) We had lunch and then went to the mall. Parker was perfect the entire time. He slept through a lot of the shopping-when he woke up, Phillip mentioned that we should probably change his diaper. Well, there was one more store I wanted to go to before we went all the way to the bottom floor of the mall to change him. When we were in the last store, I noticed a slight smell coming from the stroller. Being the excellent mother I am, I finished shopping, checked out, and then went to change him. By the time we got all the way downstairs, the smell was really bad. Yep, you guessed it, he pooped everywhere! It was all over his outfit; I mean, it was everywhere!! Of course, he had no "reserve" outfit because we used it at Zane's birthday party (where he also pooped through an adorable outfit). Luckily, we had bought him a onesie, so we changed him into that and wrapped him in a blanket. Since I'm such a good mom, I'll go ahead and admit that I did indeed shop in one more store before we left! Ha!!

Here are some pics of him at dinner tonight. He's drinking pear juice from his straw cup. (Yes, the pear juice is probably the reason he keeps pooping through everything!) He is a champ at the cup, and has been really good with the straw for a while now. The cups we use are the kind where they have to bite down on the straw to get the drink out, and he's mastered it! (FYI-my sis who is a speech pathologist only recommends using straw cups. She doesn't recommend sippy cups. Regular sippy cups don't teach them how to have a mature suck pattern-it's just like sucking from a bottle. It can also cause them to have lisps. If you want more info, email me and I'll give you the entire explanation! Of course, you can use whatever you choose, but I always like hearing from "experts" on things like that!)

I promise my kid poses for the camera. He sees it and starts smiling, seriously.



1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! Parker is absolutely precious, beautiful and adorable. I know he would love me! How did you like that....seriously, I know I would love him! I know he looks like your husband, but I am seeing more of the Ham in him with every new pic. Your precious family is awesome!

    ReplyDelete