Mr. Man is worn out from such a great weekend!
This weekend was as close to perfect as it can get. We started out on Friday night-it was date night! Parker went to Parents Night Out at church, and Phillip and I went to dinner! It was really nice to go on a date with my husband! And..this time, we were only 30 minutes early to pick Parker up! :)
Saturday was spent hanging out at the house. Of course groceries had to be bought, bills had to be paid, and Phillip had to study, BUT we had nowhere we HAD to be, and overall just got to be together. Plus, I made my mom's famous chicken and dressing for the first time, and it was pretty good if I do say so myself! Oh, and we went and spent some time with Truett. Parker thought he was pretty cool. He tried to grab him and really smiled for him a lot at first, and after the initial newness wore off, he played with all his toys and tried to kick him in the head. I kept telling Parker to be gentle, but he had no idea what I was saying. They are both sweet, handsome boys, and I can't wait to see them grow up together!
Finally, today was wonderful. We spent the morning at church where Pastor Patrick is ON FIRE for the Lord! He preached out of Nehemiah, and it was truly wonderful. We've really felt God's Holy presence lately, and we can't wait to see what amazing things He has in store for our church. Parker LOVES his Sunday School teachers, and they love him! When we get there, they always say, "There's our boy!" It's nice knowing he's in good hands while we're there. After church, Phillip played basketball, and Parker took a 2.5 hr, almost 3 hr. nap. We couldn't let the sunshine pass us by, so after little man woke up, he, Tulip and I headed out for a long walk around the neighborhood. It was a beautiful day!
I honestly can't think of any way I'd rather spend my weekend than with my two boys.
Before our walk-he was so happy to be outside!
His favorite new trick-he slides down in his highchair when he's through eating. If you pick him up, he will just keep sliding down.
Sounds like a great weekend! That's funny that he slides down in his highchair....did I ever tell you about that mom that didn't buckle her little boy in his stroller and he slid ALL the way out the bottom in Gymboree? He almost hit the ground before his lunatic mom caught him! Funny how she looked so much like me...hmmmm....
ReplyDeleteMiss you!