As you can tell from the title of the post, the party is over..spring break that is. It was WONDERFUL. I was a little productive (at the beginning of the week), but for the most part I just got alot of much-needed rest.
Our crib was supposed to ship this week, so Phillip called to check on it. They'd moved the shipping date back to April 18th! This is for a crib that was ordered on Feb. 2nd! We decided that was way too close to Parker's arrival, so we went ahead and found a new crib. It should arrive this week! Whew! What a weight that's been lifted off our shoulders.
Phillip's dad has almost finished Parker's changing table unit-I'll post pics of the final product. Let me just say, it is AMAZING. Truly, truly beautiful. Way better than what I ever imagined. I gave him a pic and expected some type of version, but he actually made the exact thing I wanted! It's just like the Madison changing table from Pottery Barn kids.
As I post this, Phillip and David D. are out in the garage being productive-working on crown molding (I think) and other manly chores. He did just walk in and say they were looking for instructions a.k.a. The Home Depot book we have. In his words, "If all else fails, read the instructions." So, once the crown molding is up, bed gets here, and changing table is finished, Parker's room will be a lot closer to being ready. He'll be here in 8 1/2 weeks, so yes, I am getting a little nervous that it's not going to all get finished. It's really hard being almost 8 mos. pregnant and feeling like you have to depend on everyone else to do things for you. I'm usually a take-charge, get things done type of person, so this has been a really hard pill for me to swallow.
I am sitting here posting on the blog, dreading going to the grocery store, cleaning my house, and paying bills. I just want to crawl back in bed, but since I've already had a 2 hour nap today, I guess I'll get on my to-do list.
Below is a pic of two of my beautiful nieces-it was Abby's 2nd birthday on Friday. We celebrated with them on Saturday in Texarkana. I know what you're thinking, "Those are two beautiful girls." Let me tell you, they're as pretty on the inside as they are on the outside (most of the time).
My two sweet nieces...
our pretty angels!!
ReplyDelete