Our sweet boy!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Conversations and a prayer

I've always heard that you should write down the funny things your kids say, and I can't think of a better way to record them than through the blog. We print out a yearly book for Parker, so one day he'll be able to enjoy these funny tidbits.
In case there's any confusion....
Parker: "I'm a boy. You're a dad."
Phillip: "What's Mommy?"
Parker: "She's a principal. (slight pause) And a mommy."

We'd been playing outside one morning, and I ran in to get some water for us to drink. Parker: "Mommy, wait for me! You don't leave boys outside!"


As we were driving by the state capitol one day...
Me: "That's the state capitol. Daddy used to work there before you were born. The capitol is where our Governor works. He's the boss of our state."
Parker: "Yeah, and Daddy's a boss, too."

Parker's babysitter broke her arm, and we've been talking about it and praying for her. This is his prayer for her.
Parker: "Dear Jesus, Ms. Vickie's arm is hurt. Make it feel better. Thank you for the blessings. Bless his name. Amen."

All his prayers end in "Bless his name".




No comments:

Post a Comment