Our sweet boy!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

First night away

I spent my first night away from Parker this past Friday night. I always imagined the first night away would be so I could do something fun or sleep in..you know, something I haven't gotten to do in, oh say a year? Well, not the case at all!

I actually had to have the left side of my thyroid removed on Friday. I've been having problems with it since January, and in April the dr.'s discovered a 5.8 cm nodule growing on the left side. Since the nodule was so large, they biopsied it-the original biopsy results were benign (90% accurate), but they will biopsy it again this week since they've taken it out-if it is malignant, they will go in and remove the right side. I do have a small nodule on my right side, and my ENT said it will have to come out eventually. However, it is less risk if they just remove the left side for now. So, we reported to the hospital at 5:30 am on Friday and came home yesterday (Saturday) afternoon. Parker was in excellent hands with Gigi, Coco, Abby, Poppa, Marmee, and Granddad. Of course, he loved all the attention!

The first night away was not fun at all-probably because I was in the hospital. I was really ready to come see my baby. Phillip came home on Friday afternoon and watched him nap for a few minutes! The hard part now is that I can't lift him all week. I'm having to sit in the floor so he can get to me, or they're putting him in my lap so I can hold him. But..I'm home now and enjoying watching my sweet angel play-he's gotten attached to Mom and is now crying if she leaves the room. Hopefully I'll be up to par soon so I can get the rest of his birthday plans together!

No comments:

Post a Comment