Our sweet boy!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Birthday Eve

As you can see from the pictures, his new favorite game is turning the water in the bathtub on and off. This provides at least 5-10 minutes of uninterrupted pleasure.
Please take note of the bed-head he's got going on in the first picture (to the right).

Parker will be one year old tomorrow. ONE YEAR OLD!! I am sure I will pretty much cry all day tomorrow, so I figure I'll go ahead and get some stuff recorded before I am crazy-emotional woman all day. It seems like he's changed so much over the past week. It's like I went to the hospital (for my surgery) with a baby at home and came back with a toddler.

Since I can't pick him up, I've been able to lay back and really watch him...watch his every move. I've learned a lot about him: he is very stubborn, he's very content to play by himself, but if a playmate is available, he's happy with that, too. He is very quick to learn things; he has this elephant that you push the leg and it walks and sings. He was getting very mad because he couldn't figure out how to turn it on, so I showed him maybe 5 or 6 times how to do it, and he figured it out. And it's a small button you push, but he gets his little pointer finger right on there! He's really a happy baby, easy to take care of, and overall just a fun, outgoing child. He's also at the best age to teach stuff. My mom taught him how to make this scrunched up face...it's so funny! I tried to get pictures of him doing it, but he wouldn't cooperate.

He's also talking a whole lot-he can say: Ta-Ta ("Tulip") da-tide ("outside"-he says this while pointing at the door and throwing a fit if we don't take him out), Mama, Dada, Bye-Bye, he has said Gigi a couple of times (I think my mom went over that one a lot while she was here keeping him), and his new favorite word (thanks to Poppa) is Uh-Oh.

He does a two handed wave when you say "bye-bye"...he does this precious thing when he's laying on his stomach where he kicks one leg up and down...he stands by himself but hasn't taken a step yet...when you go in to get him up in the morning he likes to "hide" and crawl all over the bed....he still gives really good kisses....he's gotten to where he reaches for his bed when he's tired, so we lay him down and sing to him while he's getting snuggled up....I could go on and on.

One final cute story-tonight he played ball with Tulip. Seriously, he was throwing the ball to her, and she'd catch it and gently roll it back to him. I'm not making this up. When she quit participating, he would get the ball and shove it into her mouth. Dead serious. They played for a while, and I'm so glad we got it on video. Precious.

Happy, happy birthday eve sweet baby boy. This time one year ago I was FINALLY getting my epidural and wondering if you'd be born on the 19th or 20th. I love you doesn't seem enough.

2 comments:

  1. Love his face when reaching for the water in the tub. Don't all of these new things he is doing now just make you melt!? It's like you always want to snatch him up and smother him with kisses.

    ReplyDelete