Our sweet boy!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cereal

Parker,
Your dad and I plan on making this blog into a scrapbook for you. I know one day you're going to love going back and reading about how crazy we were and how you completely changed our world. I also know you'll probably roll your eyes when you get to posts like these..you probably won't understand why I write about your first cereal, rolling over, and bathtime (just to mention a few). But you see, buddy, I am not a sentimental person. Seriously, I am not at all. But when you came along, you changed all that for me. Now, everything you do is a big deal.

Tonight, you actually enjoyed the cereal we fed you. You weren't really excited at first. I tried to feed you, and you quickly clamped your mouth shut. After we tried a few bites, I grabbed you and just held you in my lap. (I try to get all my lovin' in while I'm home in the evenings.) When I was holding you, Daddy noticed you were opening your mouth and leaning toward the bowl. So, he gave you a big bite of cereal, and guess what-you actually liked it! You liked it so much that you started lunging toward the bowl with your little lips poked out! You were so cute!! You ate a lot, and I finally made him stop feeding it to you because I was afraid you would throw up!

Please don't get bigger, buddy. I don't know how much more I can handle.

Let me repeat what I tell you all the time: I love you more than you'll ever know-at least until you have kids yourself.

-Mommy

3 comments:

  1. you're so not allowed to write posts like these without pictures...and happy 29th!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Parker! So glad you liked it. This just means one more step into getting bigger.

    ReplyDelete