Parker took his 1st trip to church yesterday. He did pretty well...when we got to Sunday School, he started getting fussy, so we took turns walking him around outside to get him to sleep. Phillip got him asleep, came back to the classroom, and then we took turns holding him. We decided to be brave and go to the service, and we almost made it to the greeting time! We had a band playing in church with loud drums, and it didn't faze him at all...I guess all that vacuum cleaner noise is starting to pay off! He let out a little yelp, so we packed it up and headed home. All the people around us had the biggest smiles as they watched us quickly pack up and leave. I'm sure they were thinking, "Yeah, we've been there before." We're thinking next week we might actually make it to the offering....

He looked adorable in his outfit! I didn't realize how big the collar was until I looked at these pics! He got
alot of compliments on how sweet he looked! He couldn't wear shoes, though, because his newborn church shoes were too small! His feet are huge!
too cute!! He looks adorable. I call him first at Sarah's shower!!! I can't wait to meet him - and see you. You look so good.
ReplyDeleteLove ya
next time at church we are going to put Reece in the nursery for the first time - she has discovered her voice and likes to use it - I mean girlie girl high pitched squeals - so we told her she has bought herself a spot in the church nursery from now on!
i love this story. i've done the same thing. you just don't want to be that family that lets their kid scream and scream...and just sits through it.
ReplyDeletedid you really just have a baby a month ago? geez...what is your secret?