We started out late on Friday night, around 9pm. We had a Sunday School social so we left after that. Anyway, we got past Malvern and I realized I forgot the dress I was supposed to wear to the shower!!! Instead of turning around and driving back home to pick up the dress, I decided I'd just run to Target early the next morning. So, I got up early Sat. and Meredith and I headed to Target. (Please notice the new green dress I'm wearing at the shower courtesy Target.) Mere and I are shopping around, trying on a bunch of clothes when we look at the time-it was 9:45 and the shower started at 10:30 on the other side of town! We had to rush home, iron the dress, get dressed, but we still managed to make it there by 10:20ish.
It was a close call, but I can honestly say I don't surprise myself anymore. You'd think Phillip would get used to my forgetfulness, but for some reason, he really wasn't that amused that I'd forgotten the dress...
Anyway, the weekend ended up perfectly! We got a ton of wonderful things..I'm including pics of some things below.
Outfit from his Marmee-I mean seriously, how cute is that? The frog has "googly" eyes!!

The sweetest newborn outfit from my cousin, Shelby..can't you just see his sweet little body in that??? Yes, I will be "that mom" who makes her son wear outfits like this...

Phillip came to help us load gifts-we realized we all had on green! This is him, his sister, and mom.
Me and my girls-Courtney, Lily, Mom, Abby, Me, and Meredith..Please note the yellow dresses that my mom smocked! She is AMAZING!
We also got the cutest burp cloth from Phillip's Aunt Mary Kay that says, "Itsy, Bitsy Baptist". I'll post pics of it later. He'll definitely be taking that one to the nursery!!!
I was once again completely overwhelmed by the love, generosity, and support of the people who surround us. Phillip, Parker, and I are three very lucky people to have this many people who are praying for us and supporting and encouraging us through all this. Please keep the prayers coming-we definitely need them in these last few weeks.
Me and my girls-Courtney, Lily, Mom, Abby, Me, and Meredith..Please note the yellow dresses that my mom smocked! She is AMAZING!
We also got the cutest burp cloth from Phillip's Aunt Mary Kay that says, "Itsy, Bitsy Baptist". I'll post pics of it later. He'll definitely be taking that one to the nursery!!!I was once again completely overwhelmed by the love, generosity, and support of the people who surround us. Phillip, Parker, and I are three very lucky people to have this many people who are praying for us and supporting and encouraging us through all this. Please keep the prayers coming-we definitely need them in these last few weeks.
you look so pretty! it's getting so close! are you ready? of course you are!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the frog outfit!! Parker is going to be stylin!! I can't believe you only have a few weeks left - the pregnancy has flown by - or at least it seems like it to me. Does one of your nieces have red hair? They are sooo cute - and getting so big.
ReplyDeleteLove and miss ya,
Devin
glad it went well! okay i'm cracking up b/c i thought they made you wear a hat in the pic of you and phillips fam. it was a pic on the wall but before i zoomed in it looked like a hat. sorry! had to share.
ReplyDeleteThe outfits were so cute! I hate that I missed the shower, but we forward to seeing yall soon.
ReplyDelete