Anyway, I have to brag on Parker. He was so well-behaved. In the span of an hour, he played on my phone, "wrote" P for his name (I use that term very loosely), and did lots of role play. He was Alvin (from Alvin and the Chipmunks), Kristi (the lady who cuts our hair), and a fireman. Now, I'm not that mom who is ever going to pretend her child is perfect. I've been in education too long for that. But, I will say that today when I really needed him to be good, he delivered.
Being home with him this summer has made me fall in love with him even more (if that's possible). I feel like I'm always learning something new, and I love to watch him and observe his personality. I'm learning that he's really a calm child. Now, don't get me wrong, he plays like a boy and definitely has moments of craziness, but sitting still and focusing on a task is the norm for him, not the exception. I'm also realizing how shy he really is. I have no clue where he gets this, but he's very hesitant in new situations and with new people. He will hide behind me when someone's talking to him. After he gets comfortable, he's good to go.
What a sweetie-takes after his mom being all studious and well behaved ; )
ReplyDelete