We took our first trip to the ER today. We were at Truett's birthday party, and Parker took off running across their living room. He tripped and fell face first into their piano bench. He started bleeding like a stuck pig! Phillip was at work, so David Donnell took me up there to show him; I figured Phillip could tell me if we really needed to go to the hospital or if I was just overreacting. Phillip decided that we did need to go, so David, Phillip, and I headed up there.
He didn't require any stitches, but the gash on the inside of his lip is pretty bad. They told us to rinse it out after he eats. They also told us to give him popsicles and ice to keep it numb, and Tylenol/Motrin for the pain. She said his lip would be twice as big tomorrow! His top gum line is outlined in blood, but the Er dr said the teeth were secure. However, she said we still needed to follow up with the dentist. So, Daddy will be taking Parker to his first visit with Dr. Fulks tomorrow!
Below are some pics. I couldn't get the lip open enough to get a good picture, but the gash looks like a star shape. He still has blue icing on his lip from Truett's birthday cupcake!
He's happy to be playing "outshide". That's what he kept saying when we got home. He just wanted to go out and play.
You can see the scratch on the top of his lip, and you can kind of see how his top teeth are outlined in blood. The main gash is in the bottom lower lip.
my poor nephew!! he deserves lots of popsicles!!
ReplyDeleteOn man! That's so sad! Bound to happen I guess. Still, makes you feel so bad for him. Let us know how the dentist goes!
ReplyDelete