Our sweet boy!

Monday, October 25, 2010

17 months old!

17 facts about my 17 month old: (idea stolen from Sarah)
1. He is talking up a storm. I'm not going to list all his words, but his favorites are outside, moon, sissy, shower, mama, night-night, and shoes (which he's really in to).
2. Speaking of showers, that is his only mode of getting clean these days. He LOVES taking a shower. According to my sisters, it's really weird because he just stands there under the water and lets you wash him. They had to "shower" him last weekend just to believe it.
3. He is starting to string together two word phrases. When we woke up at my parent's last weekend, he said, "At Gigis?" repeatedly. And he'll say, "A moon?" and then I'll say, "Yes, that's the moon" and he'll say, "I see"

4. He still loves to read. He's a boy after my own heart. The Lord knew I needed a child that loves to read as much as I do. He still loves the Llama Llama books, but he's also liking You are my I love you, Goodnight Moon, and a Sesame Street book from the dollar spot at Target!!
5. He's really in to tractors lately. He's pretty much plowed up the entire house with his little John Deere. He calls them "caka". He likes to drive them up the walls and furniture. And he loves to read his tractor book.
6. He is still saying "Amen!" The other night, we were putting him to bed, and Phillip said his nightly prayer. Apparently Phillip was taking too long, because in the middle of the prayer, laying face down on his belly, he raised his hand up behind his head and yelled, "Amen!" Talk about trying not to laugh.

7. He loves to be outside.

8. He loves to wear his rubber boots.
9. He loves to eat popsicles! This was one morning before we went to Vickie's. He had reopened his lip wound, so I gave him a popsicle to stop the bleeding.


10. He hates socks. I guess he's not used to the feeling of them since it's been so long since he's had to wear them.
11. He walks around the house carrying a picture of his cousins Gavin and Emma.
12. He likes playing with trucks and firetrucks. Friday night we took him to my fall carnival at school, and he got to get up in the big firetruck. I think he would have stayed all night.

13. When he's embarrassed or trying not to laugh, he makes a really funny face with his lips.
14. He's really interested in my car.
15. He's really interested in his "owies". That's what he calls them. He currently has one on his knee, so he points to it repeatedly.
16. He is also into eyes. He likes to point to everyone's eyes and say the word. This includes Tulips and any stuffed animals laying around.
17. He is really funny. Seriously, he has a really funny sense of humor. He's still really easy and fun.
17a. He is the absolute love of our lives. This is the perfect age. This was the age I was meant to parent! Seriously, this makes all the sleepless nights worth it.

1 comment:

  1. i love it! and i don't care what you say...a 17 month old requesting to take a shower IS weird!

    ReplyDelete