Our sweet boy!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

First Haircut

Since Parker turned 14 months old, we decided it was time for his first haircut. That and the fact that his hair was getting shaggy...Phillip kept calling him a raggamuffin.
We decided to take him to a place designed specifically for kids...we thought it might make it a little easier. The first is a picture of him before we left; see how sweet and innocent he looks? Well, he didn't stay that way for very long. And unfortunately my camera died at the beginning, so we didn't quite catch the real action. He was AWFUL...I mean, absolutely horrible. He repeatedly told the woman, "Uh-Uh" while staring her directly in the eyes. Animal crackers didn't work, the cute airplane chair didn't work, bubbles worked for a few short seconds. He seriously ducked his head away from her, tried to grab the scissors and screamed. I had to hold his face still so she could cut. If I hadn't seen this firsthand, I probably wouldn't believe it. At first we were laughing hysterically, but toward the middle, it stopped being funny. I don't know why we expected him to sit still and allow some strange woman to mess with his hair; I guess we were expecting too much. But, true to Parker fashion, it was an event.








2 comments:

  1. Hilarious, Allyson! I can't believe that sweet little Parker acted like that. haha. The funny thing is that's pretty much how Crosby acts every day when I try to feed him any baby food with a spoon! We're in trouble when it's time for his first hair cut! :) So, did you end up being pleased with how the hair cut turned out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a new place with a strange person doing something he didn't know about I suppose. Bring your DVD player in next time maybe. ??? Funny first story though. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete