When Parker was 2 weeks old, I discovered that he loved the sound of the vacuum cleaner. I had always heard that the vacuum was a sound you could use to soothe crying babies, and I'd even seen it work firsthand on my niece and a friend. I was desperate one day right after he was born, so I decided to try it. As soon as I tried it, I could visibly see his tiny body relax. So, we got used to watching
tv with the vacuum on, sleeping with it on, etc. Finally, we decided that it would be much cheaper if we could just copy the sound of the vacuum as opposed to burning it up and having to replace it. We actually found a copy of a vacuum cleaner on
cd and ordered it. Parker slept to that sound until right after Christmas! Anyway, long story short, he still likes the sound of the vacuum. He also likes to play with the vacuum cord. I had the vacuum in the hall the other day, and he was in the living room playing with the cord. He followed the cord all the way into the hall and sat there and played with the vacuum for a long time.
Hey, I never said my child was normal.

Notice the placement of Tulip's food and water bowl on the 2
nd shelf. Yep, that's right-he discovered them and really had fun splashing her water all over the floor!

He loves it when someone walks behind him! It's so funny! He just loses it and starts jumping up and down.

He's also discovered his video monitor. We have it propped up on the ledge of his crib, and now he likes to pull it down and chew on it. Phillip said he looked over the other day and all he could see was nostrils in the monitor part. We're brainstorming a creative way to hang it without it looking silly on the wall.
He is growing so fast! My cousin's kid loved the vent/hood over the stove. That was some times the only way to get him to sleep.
ReplyDeleteHe is too cute, I can't believe I have only seen him once in my life. I think he might be a janitor or a vacuum salesman when he grows up!!! When you figure out the monitor thing let me know, we have to same problem.
ReplyDeleteLove ya
How funny! You'll do anything as a parent to get your child to sleep. :) It's good that he's not scared of the vaccum. What is it about the dog's bowls they find so interesting? Love how happy he is!
ReplyDelete