Look at the pic below. Does that face look like the face of a baby with a double ear infection? I didn't think so either. However, he was running a slight fever, so we took him in to the dr. late this afternoon. I felt so silly for going in-kind of like how I felt when we went to the hospital when I had Parker-I thought it was no big deal and we'd come right home. Anyway, his temp was down, but the dr. said he had an infection in both ears. One ear was pretty bad. She gave us his first round of antibiotics. I felt horrible for not knowing he was sick, but seriously, this is how he looked all day. She said we were lucky for catching it today because it could have ended us up in the ER this weekend. She also said it was probably from the teething he's been doing-the saliva is probably draining back..gross.
I am so upset that he's sick. Up until now, he's really been the healthiest baby. No reflux, constipation, he eats incredibly well...no issues like alot of babies have had to deal with. We really feel so lucky to have such a healthy baby...the dr. did make us feel better by saying it was good we have made it two months into the sick season without having to come in.
Oh yeah, he now has two teeth! Anyway, other than that, we had a great week around here!
His first mohawk! I styled it after his bath and it stayed like the the entire next day! Who knew baby lotion was such a good styling product? Anyway, I LOVE the mohawk. I'm all about letting your child express their inner creativity..or letting their mothers express it while they're still too young to!
Aw,poor little guy! Don't feel bad, when Noah had his first ear infection at 7 months the only sign was that he started waking up at night again for the first time in 5 mos. It went on for 3 weeks before we finally took him to the doctor and found out he had a horrible ear infection all that time!! I felt like the worst mom ever!
ReplyDeletepoor thing...hope he starts feeling better soon...love the hair...he is PRECIOUS! and getting so big!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness he looks just like you in the mohawk picture!! thanks for finally sharing :)
ReplyDeleteThat first picture is one of my favorites of him now! So handsome and looking mischievous at the same time. That's funny that he has enough hair now to play with. I bet you all couldn't stop laughing. Sure hope those little ears get better fast.
ReplyDelete