Our sweet boy!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

I made it just for you.

Today was promotion Sunday at church which meant Parker had to leave the Sunday School teacher he loved with all his heart and go to a new class. I'd been talking to him all week about his new class, and we read the postcard she'd sent in the mail. I knew once he got used to the class, he'd be fine because his new teacher is probably the sweetest person on the face of the entire Earth.
However, he did throw a fit. I knew he would. And of course Phillip had to work today, so I got to deal with it all by myself. I was supposed to be helping in my 4 year old class, so I just threw him at the teacher and left. He was screaming. But, I got a text a couple of minutes later from a friend. It said, " Parker has totally calmed down and is participating. No worries." They said he cried for maybe 5 seconds. This kid knows how to play me.

After church I asked him what he wanted for lunch.  He wanted pizza, and he wanted to go inside to eat it. Off to Pizza Hut (yes, we're classy).

He was great at lunch. Ate well, behaved, etc. UNTIL it was time to pay. We had a few issues as I was paying, so by the time we got to the car, he was pouting, and I was ready to get home. As we were unloading the car at home, I picked up the picture he painted in SS, and said, "I like the picture you made." He said, "I made it just for you."

MELT.MY.HEART.

At that moment, he could have taken a sharpie and written on my walls, and I wouldn't have cared one bit. Made it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment