Our sweet boy!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

To Matt, Sarah, and Zane

Dear Bells,
Lately Parker's really been into the song "5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" (I start at 5 instead of 10 which takes too long.) Anyway, sometimes I'll substitute people's names for the word "monkeys". Tonight I substituted Zane's name...it went something like this, "5 little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell off and bumped his head, Mama called the dr. and the dr. said, 'No more Zane-o's jumping on the bed." Well, that started something. After that verse he said, "Want Zane", so I sang it again with Zane's name. Then he said, "Want Shara", so we sang, "Sarah and Zane jumping on the bed, Sarah fell off and bumped her head, Zane called the dr. and Matt said, 'No more Sarah jumping on the bed'. Well, that led to "Want Matt" so we sang where all three were jumping on the bed. As I'm trying to sing this seriously to him, all I could do was get a mental image of the three of you jumping on the bed. When Matt fell off and bumped his head, I inserted, "That is really likely to actually happen, buddy."
This version went on for several verses.
Love you all and we need to play soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment