Our sweet boy!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

We've already done all that...

At about 9 o'clock on our first snow day, Phillip informed me that he was "bored". Let me explain. As I've mentioned on here before, Phillip works every weekend and goes to school during the week. So, we rarely get a day off together. I was super excited to have a snow day because that meant an extra day off like a "real" family (as we call it). Anyway, when he told me he was bored, I patiently (in my best teacher's voice) explained to him that this is what we do on the weekends: we read, play, color, watch a little tv, etc. He said, "We've already done all that. Now what do we do?" Yikes....now I know why men weren't designed to stay home with children! Anyway, let's just say I didn't complain when he went to play snow football with his other friends who are all a little too old to be doing that. But, I didn't feel one bit sorry for him when he came home complaining about how sore he was.
Anyway, these pics are from day 2 of being snowed in. We let Daddy sleep because he worked overnight last night.

We read his dinosaur book. He loves the last page of the T-Rex. You have to say in a really silly voice, "I'M A T-------REX!"

Go figure...
Of course, the teacher in me came out. We "cokored" as he calls it and then I tried to teach him to draw shapes. We've really been working on shapes. He knows: moons, stars, triangles, and ovals. He also is really in to letters and numbers now. He'll see letters on something and start trying to randomly name them. He usually starts with A, T, P, C, B, etc. Those are his favorite.

He would hand me a "cokor" and tell me what shape to draw.
His favorite colors right now are blue and green. Everything is either blue or green. And at stop lights, he's learned to say, "green-GO!". Whenever we approach a stop light, he goes, "blue, green, go!!!!" We have no clue where the blue came from. Certainly not from the blue lights of a police car, because I'm certain he is too young to remember those few times I've gotten pulled over with him in the car. Ok, so shoot me...call DHS..whatever.

Right now he's in the playroom singing a diddy with his pa-rump-a-pum-pum his Aunt Mere got him.

1 comment:

  1. So just how many times have you been stopped by the po-po?? Glad my sweet nephew loves his musical instruments 'cause I sure do love him!!

    ReplyDelete