Yep, we're setting in to a routine. I pretty much go back to work starting tomorrow, so the Petty household is getting back into a routine. A much needed routine! I thrive on routine...it's just in my genetic make up I guess. Don't get me wrong, this has been an incredible summer, and I feel so lucky to have gotten to spend so much time with Parker and Phillip, but I was designed to get up at a certain time, be somewhere at a certain time, work during the day, and come home to a happy baby in the evenings. Yep, I said it, I actually enjoying working. So I'm a bad mom, think whatever you want, but I like it. I love, love, love my job, coworkers, and the sense that I'm accomplishing something outside of raising my child. Plus, I feel very lucky to be in a profession where I get so much time off to spend with my family. Trust me, I am a better mom/person for working! Anyway, that's my soap box for tonight! Here are a few pics of the last few days of summertime.
Guess who discovered the water hose?
He's soaking wet here!
We made a final trip to see baby Will.
He likes to carry the straw cup in his mouth without using hands. I'm telling you, he's really good at multi-tasking.
Parker's new best friend is his cousin Lily. He can even say her name. It sounds something like, "Liyi". Anything she does makes him laugh. He calls Abby, "Babby" and he'll refer to Will as "baby", but he doesn't pay a lot of attention to him. Oh, except for that one incident where he gently patted Will on the cheek. He was being very loving, I promise!
I am going to include a note to Parker for his book.
P-Man,
We had the BEST summer! We spent our days playing, swimming, reading, and loving! Your daddy didn't have class for the entire month of July, so we got to spend a lot of quality time with him (when he wasn't at work). You were so entertaining this summer. You learned to talk A LOT! You love, love, love playing outside, but it's been really hot this summer, so you haven't gotten to go out as much as you'd like.
You had several play dates with Zane-O; I'm amazed at how well you two interact. We sure are going to miss him when he moves off! But we will definitely make trips up north to visit him.
We spent the month of July traveling. We went to Aunt Mere's twice. We also went to Mountain View for the Petty family reunion, Branson with Marmee and Poppa, and to Texarkana to visit the entire family. You are a pretty good traveler as long as you can watch Veggie Tales on your DVD player.
Oh, and I have to include this: Now when you want my attention, you'll specifically say, "Mommy" and then you will tell me what you want. Like you'll say, "Mommy" and I'll say, "What?" and you'll say, "Ball" when you want me to bounce the ball. Or if you're just looking around for me, you'll call my name until you find me. I LOVE it!
Daddy and I love you more than you'll ever understand (until you have a baby of your own). You complete our family, buddy. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Love,
Mommy
You better make trips up north to see us! Zane-o loooves playing with Parker. And when they're in fourth grade, we are SO posing them for a picture just.like. the one of Phillip and David.
ReplyDeleteSince when does working make you a bad Mom? It's a personal preference and in no way requires an apology or explaination. You do what's best for your family and that's all that counts. You're a wonderful Mommy, never think otherwise. :-) Love that sweet Parker-man!
ReplyDeleteHe's getting so big, and too cute! Love you soap box, by the way! Scoot over and I'll jump on with you! ;)
ReplyDelete