Our sweet boy!

Friday, September 11, 2009

Rolling Over

I don't have any pictures to post tonight, but I wanted to be sure I marked this one down (since I've forgotten to mark dates on his other milestones)-Parker rolled from his back to his front today! He's really been working on it for the past couple of days, and today he finally got all the way over. I took the afternoon off to prepare for our crazy weekend, so I got to be the first to witness it! I had sent Phillip to Sonic Happy Hour for a green apple slush and was in Parker's room laying on the floor with him. He was laying on his back/stomach and before I knew it, he'd gotten himself all the way over!

(I really like how I mention that I took the afternoon off to prepare for my company, yet I admit I was laying in the floor playing with him.)

I really can't believe he's old enough to do that....he tried to do it again for his daddy, but never quite made it all the way.

I think tonight I realized how big he's getting. Rolling over, outgrowing clothes..you see, before he was born I bought the CUTEST outfit for him at the childrens store in Meredith's town...I mean, it is the cutest outfit ever! When I bought it, all I could think about was how sweet and precious he was going to look in it one day. (This week, Phillip finally convinced me to wash all his 3-6 months clothes....for some reason I kept putting it off..I think because I'm not ready to admit he's almost 4 months old and not wearing newborn outfits anymore) Anyway, I was getting out of the laundry basket to hang after I washed it, and realized it looked a little short...I quickly decided to try it on him, and could barely get it over his head! It was way too small! I kept trying to convince myself he could get away with it, but it seriously looked like he was wearing capri pants. It was pulling in the crotch area...it looked ridiculous!

I really can't believe that my baby is almost 4 months old! Where is that tiny baby who used to just eat and sleep all day? I really am not a sentimental person, but having a baby is really making me turn mushy!

1 comment:

  1. It happens way too fast! Man, I still look at mine and wonder where that little newborn infant is?? And mine ain't too small anymore!! (Ok, I never say ain't but added it for dramated effect!)

    ReplyDelete